The sweets category of edibles is actually not a big driving force within the pleasure center of my brain. For one, I’m usually so full from dinner that I don’t want anything else in there, but the other reason is that I just don’t get that “Mmmmmmmmm!” feeling from a lot of desserty things. Don’t mistake me here, I like the sweets. I mean, I like-ah-like-ah-like-ah da sweets! They’re just not a real gotta have urge in my brain.
That being said, there are a few exceptions, which are:
- Anything Gummy – Black Forest makes the best gummy products on the market, but really anything gummy absolutely makes me jump for it.
- Chocolate Mint / Cookies & Cream Ice Cream – a scoop of each if they’re available, because I can never choose.
- Charms Blow Pops – With only 60 calories per pop, you get 10-15 minutes of deliciousness, and a bonus 14-seconds of delicious gum chewing before the gum goes completely stale and hard.
- Pecan Pie – Good lord it’s only like the best pie on Earth! It has to be chock full of pecans, though, not just a layer on top for show with a brown goo in the middle. And chocolate pecan pie? That beats rock, paper and scissors!
- Cheese Cake – I can rarely eat a whole slice because the stuff is usually so rich, but when it’s offered to me, it is taken. I love it so much, I don’t even mind when you slather a syrupy glop of cherry stuff on top.
Ok, I should be more appreciative about eating cherry cheese cake considering I’m allergic to raw cherries and the only way I can get even a slight taste of that awesomely offensive male genitalia resembling fruit is in a cooked fashion that is afterward ensconced in a disgustingly sugary syrup.
Of course, today’s National Cherry Cheese Cake Day became a little confusing for me when I instinctively asked the bakery to make up a strawberry cheese cake slice instead of the cherry because it simply sounds 80% better to me than a cherry variety of the same. In the end, I held true. My wife and I split the cherry cheese cake slice (the one pictured right here), but there was also this gargantuan slice of cheese cake that was coated in strawberry gook. I had to purchase it since I asked them to make it, and at dessert, my daughter had chosen it one over the cherry one, and then immediately decided she didn’t like it at all. So, I had to eat the rest of hers as well.
I feel fat.
See you Tuesday for National Pigs in a Blanket Day.